Seeking a brotherless bride
So my sister Michelle's wedding is in ten days.....this weekend is her fiancee Joel's bachelor party in Austin. While I am thrilled to be invited and will definitely be there, I am left wondering if somehow, I am violating some unwritten cardinal rule about the bride's brother being in attendance atthe bachelor party.
I mean...think about it. If you were planning to go nuts one last time (and I'm not suggesting Joel is..this is all theoretical) wouldn't you hesitate because the brother of thebride is right there with you..... Wouldn't you start envisioning him giving you a mean look that says "everything that happens tonight is going tobe reported post haste to your future wife....so watch it matey!" even if no ESP of any kind is going on?
Thoughts of marriage with someone specific in mind have only truly ocurred twice in my adult life, and the gravity of it all marriage entails has lead me to never consider the minutia such as the prospect of a bachelor party with the bride's brother. In fact, thinking about it, I was really lucky becaause in both cases the potential bride to be didn't have any brothers.
DAMN IT!! I COULD HAVE GONE NUTS WITHOUT ANY REPERCUSSION!!! $500 says I end up with someone with a brother or two and I end up having to be all paranoid about going nuts on bachelor night. Hmm maybe I should ENCOURAGE Joel to go nuts....that would be good karma when its my turn....but then again Michelle might kick the crap out of me.......... so not worth it.
I mean...think about it. If you were planning to go nuts one last time (and I'm not suggesting Joel is..this is all theoretical) wouldn't you hesitate because the brother of thebride is right there with you..... Wouldn't you start envisioning him giving you a mean look that says "everything that happens tonight is going tobe reported post haste to your future wife....so watch it matey!" even if no ESP of any kind is going on?
Thoughts of marriage with someone specific in mind have only truly ocurred twice in my adult life, and the gravity of it all marriage entails has lead me to never consider the minutia such as the prospect of a bachelor party with the bride's brother. In fact, thinking about it, I was really lucky becaause in both cases the potential bride to be didn't have any brothers.
DAMN IT!! I COULD HAVE GONE NUTS WITHOUT ANY REPERCUSSION!!! $500 says I end up with someone with a brother or two and I end up having to be all paranoid about going nuts on bachelor night. Hmm maybe I should ENCOURAGE Joel to go nuts....that would be good karma when its my turn....but then again Michelle might kick the crap out of me.......... so not worth it.

2 Comments:
Mark, it's a testament to your coolness that I never once hesitated in inviting you along for shenanigans. And as you ought to know by now, I need no encouragement to go nuts.
By
Anonymous, at 8:58 PM
there you have it folks........straight from the horse's mouth
By
Mark, at 1:03 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home