Mezzanine Mark

Saturday, June 25, 2005

I'm Back!

Hello bloggers! Did you miss me? I'm back from my long business trip to London. It turned out to be a bit of a nightmare quite frankly, but there were a couple of choice blogger-worthy tidbits.

First and foremost, Sir Mick Jagger hates me. I kid you not. There we were, having dinner in a little Italian Restaurant we stumbled across near Leiscester Square, when in strolled Mr. Rolling Stone himself, along with a couple of friends.

Once we noticed him patiently waiting int he corner of the restaurant for a server to set up a table for him, I tried to furtively sneak up my cmaera phone above the table for a quick shot. Too bad he noticed me out of the corner of his eye. I was told later that he gave a small wave of his hand to shoo me away, but alas I never saw him do it. So instea I continued to try and get a shot. His friend then noticed, and as I prepared to take the shot, his friend intentionaly stood directly in front of him to block my view.

Then Mick said "that's very rude" and a waiter approached me with a look on his face which indicated I should put the phone down. What I should have done is order some tea and tell the waiter "heavy on the BROWN SUGAR" .....oh the things we come up with in hindsight!

More stories to come as I get settled down.

2 Comments:

  • That's terrible! You'd think he'd be grateful for fans, the people who made him a star. To not even give you the satisfaction of a photo. Hey! You! Get outta my face. Poor, poor rich Mick. I have no sympathy for that devil. I'm sure the wedding provided a nice emotional rescue. Oh well. You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you'll find you get a blurry picture of someone standing in front of Mick Jagger.

    By Blogger Duncan Gilman, at 5:53 PM  

  • A blurry picture of someone standing in fron of Mick is exactly what I have. And the anecdote loses a bit of its luster when I exclaim to no avail that "I swear, right behind that person there is Mick Jagger!"

    Yeah I certainly wasn't being the annoying fan who annoys the star to death. Instead I was trying to play it cool, and not even be noticed. Unfortunately he did notice...blech........it was not a Ruby Tuesday,.

    By Blogger Mark, at 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home