Back from Boston.. Got me a Cold
I have been in Boston for the past week on business. Of course lots has taken place in since I've been away, and there is no way to summarize everything, but I'll throw in some tidbits of commentary, and some info about the non-business side of my trip in this post. I am home today with a cold.....totally sucks. Felt it coming on in Boston, and then the plane flight and its poor circulation put the nail in the coffin.
Right..just like my mommy told me today, I need to make some soup. And just like Marielle told me today, I need to make me some tea with lemon in it (but Dr. Marielle says milk is expressly forbidden because supposedly it's bad for you when you have a cold. Who knew?) Maybe if I do exactly what I'm told, I'll come out of this cold sooner rather than later. I have a Texas Voices rehearsal tonight.....not gunna happen. Consider me in full fledged pout mode!
- September 11th came and went. On the 11th I went to the Sept. 11th memorial in the fresh and tranquil Boston Commons Garden, where there is a special area dedicated to those from Massachusetts who were on the flight destined for the White House. The majority of the travelers on that flight were from Massachusetts, and a friend of mine showed me the name of the man who died, and whose wife has started a charity bike race from Ground Zero to Boston to commemorate. All the proceeds go to help Afghan Women struggling to cope with the challenges their newfound freedoms present. The website is www.beyondthe11th.com
- Hurricane Katrina victims were given a respite when the New Orleans Saints pulled off a wonderful last second victory in the opening week of the NFL. It may not seem like much, but everything to keep their minds off of it must be therapeutic right now.
- While not working in Boston, I was taken out to dinner every night I was there. The first night I went to a Boston restaurant called Bonfire, run by a famous Boston Chef, Todd English. There I had some mighty delicious skirt steak tacos. All thanks to a Boston-based couple I met through the entrepreneurial Organization I'm a member of. Thank you Kathryn and Steve for the wonderful evening out.
- The next night ANOTHER couple from eh entrepreneurial organization, Tom and Kathy, took me out. I had met them previously on trips to San Juan and Montreal, and they treated me to a night on the town. First they took me to a restaurant just off of Paul Revere St. called 75 Chestnut. Delicious, and great company. And then they took me to Cheers.... yes Cheers... I am proud to say I have ordered a round of drinks there, and they liked my tip enough that they rang the big bell thingy. It was very very cool.
- Finally, Joanna, and Jacqueline took me out to Harvard Square. Joanna is an alum who happened to be visiting that week, and Jacqueline is starting business school there. Cambridge, especially the areas just along the Charles river, is so quaint and lovely. It has a European feel unlike any city I've seen in the US. I'll tell you one thing, those braniacs know how to party! It was crazy down there! Tons of cops running around with flashing lights....It's certainly not all white-moustache laden professors with pipes nestled comfortably in their mouths and VeRiTas emblems emblazoned on their chests. Whudda thunk it?
- Arrived back with the sniffles, said hello to the family, and then hopped in my car last night to attend Blogger Jared's going away party. My high school bro is picking up everything and moving to LA, much like Blogger Duncan did a few years ago. Well its worked out for Duncan, and here's hoping it works out for Jared as well. We had a great Brazilian meal at the meat palace that is Fogo de Chau in Addison and then had some drinks and watched the Monday Night Football game at BJ's Brewhouse. Good luck Jared!
- Continuing with Sports, it was a wonderful week for me as my Alma Mater the #2 ranked Texas Longhorns pulled off a fantastic victory on the road against #4 Ohio State keeping their National Title Hopes Alive. Furthermore, West Ham United absolutely destroyed Aston Villa 4-0 and are doing incredibly well following their promotion to the Premiership. The Dallas Cowboys beat a San Diego Chargers team that went 12-4 last year on the Road in dramatic fashion. And the US Open Tennis Championships proved to be one of the better tournaments in recent years as Agassi played his guts out at the age of 35, before calling eventual winner Roger Federer the greatest player who has ever lived. Quite a statement given Agassi's many battles with Pete Sampras in his prime.
Right..just like my mommy told me today, I need to make some soup. And just like Marielle told me today, I need to make me some tea with lemon in it (but Dr. Marielle says milk is expressly forbidden because supposedly it's bad for you when you have a cold. Who knew?) Maybe if I do exactly what I'm told, I'll come out of this cold sooner rather than later. I have a Texas Voices rehearsal tonight.....not gunna happen. Consider me in full fledged pout mode!

3 Comments:
Dr. Christine says a slug o' whiskey should cure whatever ails ya...(but then again what do i know...raisied by CS's and all...)
Feel better...and did you go to Fenway Park?
xoxo
C
By
Anonymous, at 6:11 PM
How about tea withlemon...and whisky in it? I really wanted to go to FenwayPark but the Yankees were playing the Sox in New york while i was there. My friend Tom in Boston has promised tickets to Fenway though upon my return. He is a season ticket holder.
Pretty cool eh? How things with you Madame Christine?
By
Mark, at 9:38 PM
sounds fabulous...i am great...getting ready to head back across the pond...
we'll have to get that pint in soon!
xoxo
C
By
Anonymous, at 11:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home