Until I read your blog, I didn't even know Ben Folds was coming to town... so I asked Daniel if he liked Ben, to which I got a "Huh?" response. So, I played him some of my favorite of Ben's repetoire today, and he had a lukewarm (at best) response. DARN! I was hoping to convince him to go, too. :(
So, all that's to say, HAVE FUN at Ben Folds, for yourself and for me, too! :)
Speaking of concerts, we went to see Green Day a little while back and everyone but me got really drunk (I was the DD). On the way home, Daniel turned to me and sorta slurred, "Your friend Mark is really cool. We should spend more time with him. What's he doing tomorrow?"
I don't mean to imply, because he was drunk, that he didn't mean what he said ... only that you were the only one of my friends who he singled out under the influence of the "truth elixir." For whatever that's worth. :)
Wow Liz! Daniel must have been completely sloshed to have been impressed with me!
No really, I'm very flattered not only that he said that while under the influecne, but also that you were nice enough to mention it to me. Daniel's coherence aside, he was right by golly, in that we do need to get together more!
I'm afraid I already have the BEn Folds tickets so even if we could convince him to go, we wouldn't be able to get any side by side, but maybe we can catch another show or heck....all go out to dinner.
What is your "favorite Ben repertoire?" Have any favorite songs? You should check out Ben Kweller while you're at it. I think you'd love him, and he has performed with Folds in the past.
Oh yeah, and tell Daniel that when I'm drunk I think about him affectionately too!
2 Comments:
Until I read your blog, I didn't even know Ben Folds was coming to town... so I asked Daniel if he liked Ben, to which I got a "Huh?" response. So, I played him some of my favorite of Ben's repetoire today, and he had a lukewarm (at best) response. DARN! I was hoping to convince him to go, too. :(
So, all that's to say, HAVE FUN at Ben Folds, for yourself and for me, too! :)
Speaking of concerts, we went to see Green Day a little while back and everyone but me got really drunk (I was the DD). On the way home, Daniel turned to me and sorta slurred, "Your friend Mark is really cool. We should spend more time with him. What's he doing tomorrow?"
I don't mean to imply, because he was drunk, that he didn't mean what he said ... only that you were the only one of my friends who he singled out under the influence of the "truth elixir." For whatever that's worth. :)
By
Liz, at 6:12 PM
Wow Liz! Daniel must have been completely sloshed to have been impressed with me!
No really, I'm very flattered not only that he said that while under the influecne, but also that you were nice enough to mention it to me. Daniel's coherence aside, he was right by golly, in that we do need to get together more!
I'm afraid I already have the BEn Folds tickets so even if we could convince him to go, we wouldn't be able to get any side by side, but maybe we can catch another show or heck....all go out to dinner.
What is your "favorite Ben repertoire?" Have any favorite songs? You should check out Ben Kweller while you're at it. I think you'd love him, and he has performed with Folds in the past.
Oh yeah, and tell Daniel that when I'm drunk I think about him affectionately too!
By
Mark, at 6:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home